A user with at least user management permissions can generate a report that show the “usage per SharePoint farm” based on two types of data (DCS team members and DCS Users) .
Report “DCS team members”
This report shows the number of DCS team members in a SharePoint farm. Using this data, it is possible to come to a licensing agreement based on “Named users”. The number of users only declines, per the 1st of the next month, when a member has been removed from all DCS teams in the SharePoint farm.
Report “DCS Users”
This report shows the number of DCS users in a SharePoint farm. A DCS user in a certain month is a user that:
- Started a workbox action;
- Used the navigation tree;
- Opened a report;
- Is used as: Assigned member, Controller member or Consultant member on a Register Item, Controlled Document, Controlled File or Controlled tasks.
All four entities follow the same rule:
When the “Modified by” date has been updated by a certain DCS operation, each unique Assigned Member, Controller Member or Consultant Member is counted as a user in the current month.
Example: In January, User A is added as the Assigned Member for a Controlled Document. In February: User A is not added to other items and does not use DCS in anyway, but the modified by date is changed because of an operation executed on the Controlled Document The user report will then show User A as a DCS User in the months January and February.
The licensing reports are for informative purposes only: DCS does not enforce anything. All usage data is stored in separate tables so creating a alternative reports, e.g. for one certain project, is possible.
All usage information is aggregated and applies to a complete month. (DCS does not calculate average use).
Some examples of how usage information is calculated:
- Member A is to a DCS team added on January 1st, ,Member B on January 7th and Member C on January 21st. Thus, there are 3 DCS team members in January.
- In January, Member A logs in every day, Member B on 10 days and Member C on 1 day. Thus there are 3 DCS Users in January
Example usage graph from a DCS usage report.
Figure 1: DCS usage report
How to retrieve this information:
There a two scenario’s to retrieve the information as described above:
Simple: Usage button
- Open a DCS site with User Management rights
- Choose: Navigation > Settings > User Management
- Choose: Ribbon > Teams and Members > Administration > Usage
Figure 2; DCS Usage popup
Chic: Usage report
- Upload usage report to a DCS site and add navigation link to uploaded report
- Find the “usage.rdl” on a server where “Cadac Organice 2014 Document Control System - Reporting” is installed: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cadac Group\Organice 2014 Document Control System Reporting\Reports\Examples”
Bij Cadac maken we onderscheid tussen Sales, Service & Support. Sales & Service vinden wij vanzelfsprekend. Wij helpen u met de aanschaf van uw product, dienst, training of expert en zorgen ervoor dat u probleemloos aan de slag kunt. Gratis en voor niets. U kunt zorgeloos met uw software starten, wij zorgen ervoor dat u het meeste uit uw software kunt halen.
Loopt u tegen technische softwareproblemen aan? Dan kunt u gebruik maken van Cadac Support. Door de juiste informatie in te dienen kunnen wij u zo snel mogelijk helpen