I want to create a licence file.Do you have any questions about creating a licence file? We have tried to answer all your questions as clearly as possible below. If your question is not answered below or you have any further questions, please get in touch with us.
What do I need?
- The serial number(s) of your licence(s).
- Account number (also called the CSN number).
- Server host name.
- Server Mac address.
There are 2 ways to request a licence file:
To request a license file from the Autodesk Registration website:
Visit register.autodesk.com and sign in using your Autodesk Account information. If you don't have an Autodesk Account, follow the onscreen prompts to create one.
Note: The Product Registration & Activation website requires you to use your Autodesk ID to sign in. If you don't know your Autodesk ID, you can sign in at accounts.autodesk.com using your email address and password to view your ID, which is listed under Profile/Security Settings.
Select the correct Operating System,
Select the correct Operating System, enter the serial number for the software you wish to activate over a network, and click the Next button.
Note: You must enter the serial number for a network version of your Autodesk product. If you enter the serial number for a stand-alone version you will not see the steps that follow.
If you are requesting a licence file for yourself, select ‘Activate a product purchased through a supplier’. Select the account where your software is registered and click the Next button.
- Server 1 host name: Computer/host name (also called the server).
- Server 1 ID is the Mac address (network card) of the server (also called the Ethernet address).
This information can be found in ‘LM Tools’, ‘System Settings’, go to:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Where-do-I-find-or-download-the-LMTOOLS-License-manager.html. You will receive your licence file immediately.
Your license files are issued. Click Save License File under each license and the file will be downloaded to your browser download folder. If need to request license files for other products, click Register and activate more products. Once you have been issued all your licenses, you can then move the license files to the appropriate license servers according to the instructions below.
Save the link in Notepad, not in Word.
If a licence file is meant to contain multiple licences, click on the button ‘Register and activate more products’
Check the licence file..
...using the link: www.licenseparser.com.
When you create a licence file, Autodesk recommends that all licences have the same “Issue Date”.
The sequence of licences in the licence file may also be important. The server will begin at the top with licences to be issued to users. This Autodesk link shows you what the sequence should look like:
It is important the most recent version of the ‘License Manager’ (184.108.40.206) is used during the installation. You can find this at http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/network-license-administration/get-ready-network-license/download-the-network-license-manager
Instructions for installing the licence:
To request a license file via your Autodesk Account:
Sign in to your Autodesk Account using the email address and password you provided when you bought your subscription. There are two methods for beginning the process of generating a license file:
Click Generate Network License File under QUICK LINKS and then select your server model and the products to be added to the license file.
Click the disclosure arrow to the left of a product to reveal product details. Click Generate Network License File for the version and serial number you want to add to pre-select the product for the server model you will choose. If only one product is being added to the license file, this can allow you to skip a later step of selecting available products.
Choose a License Server Model
Select the license server model that corresponds to your network environment and enter your server information.
Single Server Model
- Enter the server name and MAC address for your server.
- Click the + button to select product licenses for this server.
- Click Change Server Model to select a different server model. This will discard any information you’ve entered and return you to the previous screen.
Redundant Server Model
Enter the server name and MAC address for all three servers in the redundant server pool. Click the + button to select product licenses for these servers.
Distributed Server Model
Enter the server name and MAC address for the first server in your distributed server pool.
- Click the + button to select product licenses for this server.
- Click Add another network server to add additional servers.
- Repeat steps 1–3 until you have added all your distributed servers and specified products for each.
Select Available Products
Note: If you started by pre-selecting the product in step 2, your product will automatically have been added to the server model you chose. You can either skip this step or use this list to add additional products.
In the previous steps you clicked the + button to select product licenses for the servers. From the list of available products, select the products to be included in the license file. Click Select all to include all products or click the checkbox for individual products. ClickAdd selected when finished.
Allocate Seats to Distributed Server License Files
Note: If you are generating a license file for single or redundant server models, you can skip this step.
For distributed servers, you need to allocate the available number of seats to the different servers for the products you added. Click the + or – buttons to increment or decrement the number of seats for each product on each server.
The system will warn you if you have under-allocated (not allocating all available seats) or over-allocated (allocating more seats than are available). Adjust the seat allocations until you have used all available seats. You will not be able to generate a license file if you have over-allocated seats.
Generate the License File(s) When you are ready to generate the license files, click the Get license file button.
License information is displayed according to the servers and products you specified.
- Click Copy to clipboard to copy this information to be pasted into a license file.
- Click Save as… to save the license file to a specified location.
- Clicking Send and close will send the license file to the email address associated with your Autodesk account. If you provide additional email addresses, the license file will be sent to those addresses as well. For distributed servers, license files are generated separately for each server and this screen will be displayed once for each license file.
- Click Send and next to email each license file and advance to the next license file. Click Send and close when you have reached the last license file.