Training - Ab Initio Cartography
The aim of the training course is to familiarize novice cartographers with the relevant standards and recommended practices as defined in ICAO Annex 4 and the ICAO Chart Manual Doc 8697, as well as its application in a Bentley MicroStation Computer Aided Design environment.
The course has been designed as a custom course, allowing for some flexibility to enable the trainer to respond to the student’s experience level and specific questions and issues that student’s may bring forward.
We offer a complete aeronautical charting training program.
The training can be provided at our location in the Netherlands or at your location.
- Overview of ICAO documents
- Annex 4 to the Chicago convention of the International Civil Aviation Organization
- Aeronautical chart types
- ICAO Document 8697 – Aeronautical Chart Manual
- Chart projections
- Creating and modifying a Standard Departure Chart
- Creating and modifying an Instrument Approach Chart
- Creating and modifying a Visual Approach Chart
All necessary materials are included in the price.
Duration: 5 days
Learning methods: Classroom, PC, practice
Participants: minimum 2, maximum 8
Would you like personal advice or more information about this training?Contact us
Personal explanation of the Training - Ab Initio Cartography?
Together we look for the best solution.
Call +31 88 322 33