During the AutoCAD 2020 installation you receive an error message which lead to the error 0x80240034
The casue is most probably a conflict between AutoCAD 2020 and a Windows Update.
Mostly a 'reset' of the Windows Update Store is needed.
To reset the Windows Update Store follow these steps:
- Open the Commandprompt as Administrator:
- Click the Search function within Windows
- Type CMD
- Select the Command prompt and give right-mousebutton-click
- Choose the 'run as Administrator' option
- You may want to change the folder to de C:\WINDOWS\system32:
- Enter the following commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- After execution enter the following commands:
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
After this, reboot the machine completely to see if the error has been resolved.
At Cadac, we distinguish between Sales, Service & Support. We take Sales & Service for granted. We help you purchase your product, service, training or expert and make sure you can get started without any problems. Free of charge and for nothing. You can start using your software carefree, we make sure you can get the most out of it.
Are you running into technical software problems? Then you can use Cadac Support. By submitting the correct information, we can help you as quickly as possible.