Globally, in our modern world, our better understanding of the impact of traditional working methods across different industries on the environment, society and the world economy clearly demonstrates that we cannot continue as we have done in the past.
Since the start of the new millennium, we have endured one of the worst economic crisis the world has ever seen, declared an environmental emergency, and suffered from the most devastating pandemic in recent times. These three events alone have caused us to rethink and revaluate how we live and operate.
Where some industries have been left crippled and on the brink extinction, others have thrived and adapted to new ways of working by harnessing modern technologies. “Doing more with less” is a common theme found in both the manufacturing and construction industries, but how is this happening and what knowledge and lessons are being learnt and shared between the two industries?
In this webinar, we shall explore these three questions:
- How are manufacturing processes changing the construction industry?
- What new technologies are being adopted?
- What are the benefits and how do they combat the challenges we face?
- Understand and appreciate the need for change
- The challenges the construction industry faces
- What technologies are commonly found in both the manufacturing and construction industries
- What has construction learnt from the manufacturing industry to help tackle these challenges